Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter With The Family

This year, I am proud to say that we celebrated with my side of the family. If you know my family at all, you know that Christmas is the only holiday they will consistantly get together to celebrate. This year,I managed to get them here for Easter too!!! I am so excited. It was a beautiful day and we all had a great time. We did all the old fashioned traditional things. Jon grilled steaks for us all. They were yummy good. Then, we dyed eggs and pocked them too. Pawpaw thought by dying his egg over and over, it would make it stronger. He was proven wrong after three pocks. Ha. We did an Easter egg hunt for the boys outside. Caleb got distracted by my flowering plants and kept wanting to pull them apart. He didn't really hunt for eggs at all, but the boys did well. They counted them up and Jacob found 25 and Nick found 21. Not bad! I did find one today that they missed. Oh well.
Later in the day, Nick and Pawpaw went fishing in our (neighborhood) pond out back. He didn't catch anything, but they said they could see the fish swimming in there. Maybe they weren't hungry!
I really enjoyed visiting with my brother and Karla. They live so close, but we rarely get to see each other. Life gets in the way! Anyway, I feel especially blessed this Easter. I got to spend it with some of the people I love the most! It doesn't get any better than that! Jake and Nick showing off their eggs after the big hunt!
Caleb picking my flowers instead of the eggs!!!!
Podking with Uncle Jon!


Caleb loves to play in Nick's hair and with his eyes! Nick is so sweet to let him pluck away.



Showing off Caleb's Easter basket. This year he will actually get to eat his candy! Yummy yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment