Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On the Move

Caleb is on the move! Little man is crawling all over the place. It is so much fun and a little exhausting too. He loves pulling on cords. I am constantly slapping his hands and saying, "NO!". He appears to be a very determined little boy. It doesn't seem to phase him. I will not give up though. I have made it a little easier on myself and unplugged his lamp and the cd player for the time being.

He has also gotten his first haircut. I should say half a cut. He got so mad and was crying so loud, that we stopped half way through. Thankfully, his curls disguised the uneveness of his hair. I did eventually get the other half cut. I went back about three weeks later to do my own hair and we finished off his too.

We celebrated his first Thanksgiving this year. He wore the turkey bib in honor of this great day. We had Jon's family over for dinner. Unfortunately, I burned the pork tenderloins and managed to burn the onions. Oops. I can't say that has ever happened before. They are so easy. That is why I made them, in addition to Jon frying a turkey. Caleb has discovered that he likes sweet potato casserole and pecan pie (only the filling). Sweet man is an eater! He seems to enjoy whatever we put in his mouth.

As you can see, we are already taking pictures for the Christmas card. I am so proud to actually have a picture card this year. I secrectly have always wanted to do one, but didn't feel comfortable putting just Jon and me. He smiled so big. He smiles a lot. I accidently posted the pictures in the wrong order, but too bad. I am not going to reload them all. haha. I have a Santa suit he will be wearing in the next couple of weeks too!!

I am so in love with my little guy. I didn't know love could run so deep. It is both the greatest and scariest thing I have ever known. Sometimes I think it is too much for my heart to contain. He is our greatest gift. I thank God for him every day. I love watching him grow. I say that a lot, but it is so true. I don't want to miss any of it. It goes by WAY too fast.
Our Christmas card will have this photo on it. The rocker is from PaPa Dude. It was his rocker as a child. He saved it and painted it red. Caleb has the honor of getting it.
I love that his little teeth are starting to show in his pictures!

We bought him a pair of personalized long John's. I think he is adorable in them.


This is before he started throwing a fit. You can start to see the fear in his face though.



3 comments:

  1. I never seem to spot the errors until after I have posted the darn things. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet Alida. Isn't it amazing all the little details we women long for while waiting to become Mommies?! And then when it finally happens it is Oh So Sweet!!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the long johns and the bib! So cute! It was so good to see your little man this past week. He is such a sweet baby and he is absolutely adorable! I can see why you're so fond of him :)!

    ReplyDelete